Oh by the way, one of the researchers there was so much like one of my old friends. He even looked a little like him. Nick, my friend was called. Man, he was crazy ... but just so much fun to be around. All through school he was the social butterfly within a select group of people, but he never actually realised just how many friends he had. We'd hang out a lot; I miss him now actually. Imagine what he'd say if he saw me now! He wouldn't recognise me! Honestly, being a wolf now and all haha.
This researcher was so bouncy like Nick used to be - the life of the party. But always could come down from his high to talk about serious issues when it was just us. I remember he used to get drunk a lot...because he thought it was fun. I only joined him a few times. Occasionally he would start out hyperactively happy, and end up crying on me. Ahh the craziness. I don't know, I think it's just the thought of that free spirit that I miss- here, it's all so serious all the time. Everyone is so old, that they act old and wise and 'much to mature for any of that'. I wish I could get Wedge to see that being older doesn't mean you have to stop having carefree crazy happy times...just to be able to know when. Ok that came out weird - I'm not talking about drugs, got it? Well not injectable/consumable ones.
Deep inside me I still feel that young zest for life and fearlessness of what other people think. Maybe that's just because I am still young. In human years, I'm only 23. I thought it was old, once I turned 21, but after listening to Wedge and Alastor talk about things like - when the English discovered Australia, and what they were doing at the time - makes me just feel like a child. I don't know if they are just joking, to make me think they were there, or if they were serious. Alastor is often serious, and he said he was only young then - a teenager - but Wedge made it out that she was already old.
Just how old is she? If she's being honest, of course. Which I believe, because I don't imagine her lying abotu things.
I'm thinking about asking Wedge to spend a day or so with Nick again - I don't know where he is now, but I'm sure I'll find him. It'd be good to look at my old life again.
...oops, forgot to post when I wrote this. Ah well.
Just ask Tharis to do a search for him. It shouldn't take too long.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I was being honest. I witnessed the landing into Botany Bay, and I watched as the settlers and convicts disembarked and walked upon the new soil.
And yes, I was already old. I don't want to tell you just how many years I have, but I want to see if you can work it out :D