Saturday, 23 June 2012

Phoenix

Rebirth. That's what I've done. I was the old sick bird, a normal human, unable to do anything real. Just mindlessly sit and watch the world with no power over anything, but the mindlessness to ignore it all. Then my humanity died, burnt like the body of that IT man. But out of the ashes I was reborn, as a new person. Stronger, faster, wiser than before. I am wolf now. Even in my old human body, I feel different. After growing up as a wolf, I can feel that form in my soul. In little ways I have adjusted to be more like a wolf in a human suit. Slight snarls, growls, sniffing, posture, the way I look at some things...I guess two years can really change a person. And I can understand where the little nuances that I always found odd and strange in the others come from. I'm one of them now. And after seeing the truth, seeing what as a human I ignored because it was inconvenient to my perfect little life that I had a sense of control over, I don't consider myself human anymore. After what I have seen...I don't want to be one of them anymore. I don't know how Wedge, Julian and Alastor do it... spend their days amongst humans as a human when they know the heart of humanity. Of this society. When they have something so much better. Of course I'm not talking about every individual, but a majority. I'm ashamed.

It was strange at first, being inside the body of a puppy. But after a few months, I just let myself be the wolf, and it all came so natural. I let go of my human side and became one with the wolf. And man, it was amazing. I wouldn't go back. And I prefer to be my wolf form even now...I can speak English well enough as a wolf, thanks to some extra muscles my genes made, so there is little issue. Plus the people I encounter get a feeling of cold dread when I stare at them. I like that. Of course, the chain I have to wear in public is a little embarrasing, but apparently Wedge says I wouldn't be allowed out and about without it. They might try to catch me and take me to the Zoo or something. I'm much more resistant to injury than normal wolves and dogs...much thicker skin and all. But I don't fancy encountering people with weapons.

Oh, one thing that has gotten me a little confused - tastes. Things taste different. And honestly if it weren't for the special food that Julian and Alastor eat, I don't know what I would do. Their food tastes wonderful, and it's completely artificial. Not like, human artificial in that it is chemicals manufactured that does damage to you, it's the perfect balance of all things needed in a diet. And it comes in many flavours. Because honestly ... I don't want to eat meat. I wasn't a big red meat eater before, I mean I would eat the occasional steak but that's about it. Nothing with bones...not even fish or chicken bones. But now, raw meat has a different appeal. As a wolf, it smells so appealing and doesn't taste what humans taste when eating raw meat. My body wants to devour it, tear it apart with my teeth...but my mind can't stomach it. I licked a steak and even though it tasted amazing, I couldn't eat it. It's still fresh animal carcass to me.

We're driving to Bury St Edmunds at the moment...in the car. Yes, we have a car...custom made of course by Sector Nine engineering. But it looks like a big black four wheel drive to blend in, kinda like this Range Rover - but it doesn't say range rover, obviously. The tyres have much more tread and the front is a bit different, and it has "Sector Nine" embossed in the metal on the front. It's not internal combustion of course (don't ask me what it is though) but it has so many features I can't list them.

Yes, I like cars. Get over it.

Anyway, we have to be human while driving, so I'm typing this while we drive there. Oh, and I got one of their cool uniforms! Not really a uniform, but a big black coat like they wear and those super tough black boots.

Why are we off to Bury St Edmunds? Because I found out that the IT man was a coder, and that he was collaborating with someone in Bury St Edmunds...so we're off to find them, hopefully to find out what he was working on or what might have been in that hard drive that was taken. Also, this other person is in danger as well now, since if they have it - they could be next.

Oh, we're here. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment