I'm Arthur. I can't say my last name... all secret and the like. But my alias is King Arthur of Scotland....originally it was just Arthur of Scotland, but everyone (mainly just Wedge) made the joke of calling me King Arthur this one time...there was a crown and a throne in this old castle...the details aren't important. What is important is that the name stuck - so now I'm King Arthur of Scotland. Cause I am from Scotland. I don't like how it makes me sound all pompous but what can you do? Doesn't really matter anyhows cause everyone here is just known by one name.
Our little group got separated a long time ago. We were just a faction of a larger group (not that much larger, mind) out there in the real world, doing real world things. As opposed to those few that just sat back and watched. We did alright, really. Not all experts at anything in particular but we got the job done.
Ran into Julian today or yesterday - don't remember - and we had a quick chat. We'd kept in contact while we were 'decommissioned' as it were. Not by others, but by us. Turns out we're getting back together. Julian says it's time, and hell am I glad for it. I've been that darn bored with doing nothing when I know what's out there. I can tell Alastor's not been too happy about it all either, since I can see him getting stressed at times when he thinks I'm not looking.
Main thing is: Wedge is coming back! I bet everyone else has already been talking about it, but I have to say it too. She's like my best friend. I'm probably just a work collegue to her, maybe friend. But I don't care. So yes, thus dawns the age of the blog it seems. I don't know why we didn't embrace it sooner. Maybe because we felt like they were diaries (well I did) that we were sharing to the world? Or maybe because we thought that no one would read them? I don't know. But it's good now. I like it. I think. Not that sure, never written a blog before. But I like keeping updated on things, and it's nice to see different perspectives on events. Alastor would call it a good opportunity for comparative analysis. Though I don't really see him writing much. It's Julian's blog that concerns me - he's going to be updating it every hour about whatever it is he gets up to. I was curious once, but not anymore - I realised the majority of it is downright boring. Like I don't care about the progression of blood cell deterioration under the influence of microfreezing. Yet it somehow deserved 10 minute email updates last time he looked at it. At least now I can choose to look at it, and sift out the medical stuff.
I might be the outsider of the group, the one that doesn't enjoy intellectual stimulation as much, but I still partake in it. Mostly. Best be off, Julian's coming to use the Lab and he won't want me here on the computer distracting him. Maybe he'll show me how to find Wedge's blog soon. And the others....aparantly they have them.
You didn't find that interesting? It was breakthrough stuff! Well almost breakthrough stuff, what proceeded it was.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're excited about starting up again. You make it sound like we were military working for the government!
Well it's like we are!
Delete