Wedge helped move my things into my new apartment. It's actually not an apartment, it's like... a little house inside a corridor of little houses where the front door is in a hall instead of a street. Ok maybe it is an apartment? But there is only one floor. It's lovely, much better than were I was living anyway.
Crazy night though - we'd finished moving everything, and decided to go to the Thai place that we all used to eat at. Dinner was awesome; the food was fantastic (particularly after a hard day's moving), and the conversation was the best in months. We laughed a lot. Some people looked at us weird, but I didn't care. I guess they thought that we were out on a date or something... people have a strange fascination of applying their standards upon everyone else. I'll admit, I'm a pretty average bloke... young, tallish, reasonably slim but with good muscle tone, fairly white skin with dark straight hair. Not what everyone considers 'hot' but still I'd say quite attractive. Whereas Wedge - well I think she's gorgeous, but she is fairly overweight...and that's all people see. It's heartbreaking. I can tell it bothers her sometimes, but tries to ignore it. I don't mention it with her, but she's cool about it. I don't get it though... her short, dark brown hair has lively waves and she is very well proportioned limb wise, has the most amazing blue eyes, and does have a lot of muscles as well for a woman, but people only see the excess lipid she carries in her adipose tissues? (Thanks Julian for that one :P) But it's her mind, her heart, her soul that is absolutely captivating - even if she doesn't see it. For me at least. BUT... I'm straying from the crazy part!
So we finished dinner, and were just talking at the table with some water, when Julian calls Wedge. Her face goes serious, and says we have to leave once she hung up. Without waiting for an answer, she gets up and pays for the meal while I'm still standing up from the table! Then rushes out, beckoning me to follow. She explained that Ramah had been injured, and Julian needed help in surgery...so she had to get there in time to help. I didn't have a chance to ask questions - such as not knowing she was a surgical nurse, what had happened, and who was Ramah anyway... or even, in the back of my mind, how she paid for dinner.
Somehow the surgery was classified, so she had to leave me at my dorm while we walked through into Nine. I never questioned, but I don't really see how it could be?
I hope I get some answers, but I won't hold it against them if they don't give me any.
No comments:
Post a Comment